Early Childhood Education is the beginning of a lifetime process of learning. Research shows that children who have a strong developmental preschool experience continue to excel throughout their educational years. Our curricula is developmentally-based incorporating social, emotional, physical and cognitive concepts within the medium of play. Our goal is to meet the needs of each individual child, adjusting learning environments as the child grows and develops.
Glenview Community Church Nursery School (GCCNS) is a non-sectarian early childhood outreach to the wider Glenview Community and its neighboring villages of Glenview Community Church. Click hereto enter the Glenview Community Church site.
Explore our school pages as we welcome all families to learn about GCCNS!
Glenview Community Nursery School is a developmental play-based, non-sectarian, not-for-profit preschool serving all families since 1947. Our curricula incorporates social, emotional, physical and cognitive concepts within the medium of play. Our goal is to meet the needs of each individual child, adjusting learning environments as the child grows and develops. GCCNS is proud to be one of the most highly regarded nursery schools on the North Shore.
Our school is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. NAEYC Accreditation is the mark of a quality program. NAEYC accreditation requires a school to meet over 500 criteria within 10 specific program standards, which include: Relationships; Curriculum; Teaching; Assessment of Child Progress; Health; Teachers; Families; Community Relationships; Physical Environment; Leadership and Management. Learn more about NAEYC.
Our community of families form friendship that lasts a lifetime. Parents have endless opportunities to collaborate on and attend events for the whole family, such as fundraising events for the school, parents’ night out, philanthropic events for the community, parents education sessions, and of course, classroom park and playdates!
At GCCNS, we:
- provide a nurturing environment where each child is encouraged in all areas of growth (cognitive, social, emotional, physical).
- develop learning skills with guided creative play and group interactions.
- respect all beliefs and welcome children of all races, cultures and creeds.
- provide opportunities for each child to grow socially, cognitively and creatively at his or her own rate.
- develop our curricula using the Illinois Early Learning Standards.
- are licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services.
- are proud of our accomplished teaching staff with many years of experience.