GCCNS has enrichment opportunities for all ages. Our classes are designed to meet the needs of families. Parents can drop their children off at school at 9am for preschool, the Enrichment teacher will pick up the children from their morning class, take them to eat lunch and begin the activities of the Enrichment class. Parents will pick up their children at days end.
The advantage for the children is clear- fewer hurried transitions allowing for better learning, less time in the car, more time with friends, more time with teachers who specialize in children, and a stress-free day! Enrichment classes include: Art, Music, Lunch Bunch, Spanish, and more!
Winter Enrichment 2017-18 Dates & Procedures:
- Online Enrichment registration goes live on Monday, November 6th at 8:30pm. A link to the registration form will be emailed to all parents.
- Registration closes on Wednesday, November 8th at 8:30pm.
- Class placement will be FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. Registration forms are time-stamped when submitted online.
- Payment via check is due on Thursday, November 9th.
- One form can be used for siblings if they would like to be enrolled in the same classes.
- Families will be notified via email of class placement on Friday, November 10th.
- Tuition must be current in order to be enrolled in an enrichment class
Click here to enroll for Winter 2017-18 Enrichment Classes
Music & Movement
Music and Movement classes are open to the public. You do not need to be enrolled at GCCNS to participate in the class. These classes are for ages 9-months to 4-years old with a caregiver.
Glenview Community Church offers music and movement classes for young children on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. These classes, taught by Debbie Berg, are open to the community and all are welcome to join in this morning of musical fun for children ages 9 months to 4 years. Classes are offered during the fall, winter and spring sessions; as well as a modified schedule during the summer.
Come with your child as we will be singing, dancing and playing a variety of rhythm instruments allowing them to develop language, cognitive skills, and social skills in a friendly child environment. Sign language will also be incorporated into the class.
Debbie Berg, a former GCCNS parent, is a pediatric speech/language pathologist and experienced music and movement teacher at Creative Kid’s Corner. Debbie also teaches music in our GCCNS classrooms; as well as Enrichment classes at GCCNS. If you have any questions about Music & Movement, you can contact Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org