GCCNS has enrichment opportunities for all ages. Our classes are designed to meet the needs of families. Parents can drop their children off at school at 9am for preschool, the Enrichment teacher will pick up the children from their morning class, take them to eat lunch and begin the activities of the Enrichment class. Parents will pick up their children at days end.
The advantage for the children is clear- fewer hurried transitions allowing for better learning, less time in the car, more time with friends, more time with teachers who specialize in children, and a stress-free day! Enrichment classes include: Art, Music, Lunch Bunch, Spanish, and more!
Spring Enrichment 2018 Dates & Procedures:
- Online Enrichment registration goes live on Tuesday, February 9th at 9pm. A link to the registration form will be emailed to all parents.
- Class placement will be FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. Registration forms are time-stamped when submitted online.
- Families will be notified via email of class placement on Friday, February 9th at noon.
- Payment via check is due on Monday, February 12th.
- Checks can be made payable to GCCNS and put in the preschool mailbox or in Julie’s office.
- One form can be used for siblings if they would like to be enrolled in the same classes.
- Tuition must be current in order to be enrolled in an enrichment class
Music & Movement
Music and Movement classes are open to the public. You do not need to be enrolled at GCCNS to participate in the class. These classes are for ages 9-months to 4-years old with a caregiver.
Glenview Community Church offers music and movement classes for young children on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. These classes, taught by Debbie Berg, are open to the community and all are welcome to join in this morning of musical fun for children ages 9 months to 4 years. Classes are offered during the fall, winter and spring sessions; as well as a modified schedule during the summer.
Come with your child as we will be singing, dancing and playing a variety of rhythm instruments allowing them to develop language, cognitive skills, and social skills in a friendly child environment. Sign language will also be incorporated into the class.
Debbie Berg, a former GCCNS parent, is a pediatric speech/language pathologist and experienced music and movement teacher at Creative Kid’s Corner. Debbie also teaches music in our GCCNS classrooms; as well as Enrichment classes at GCCNS. If you have any questions about Music & Movement, you can contact Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org