GCCNS is a developmental play-based, non-sectarian, not-for-profit preschool serving all families since 1947. Read on to see why GCCNS is one of the most highly regarded nursery schools on the North Shore.
At GCCNS, we:
- are proud of our experienced teaching staff, with a combined three hundred plus years of experience
- provide a nurturing environment where each child is encouraged in all areas of growth (cognitive, social, emotional, physical)
- develop learning skills with guided creative play and group interactions
- respect all beliefs and welcome children of all races, cultures and creeds.
- provide opportunities for each child to grow socially, cognitively and creatively at his or her own rate.
- develop our curricula using the Illinois Early Learning Standards.
- are licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services.
- are NAEYC accredited. NAEYC is the largest and most influential organization of Early Childhood Educators dedicated to continually improving the quality of programs for young children.