Glenview Community Nursery School is a developmental play-based, non-sectarian, not-for-profit preschool serving all families since 1947. Our curricula incorporates social, emotional, physical and cognitive concepts within the medium of play. Our goal is to meet the needs of each individual child, adjusting learning environments as the child grows and develops. GCCNS is proud to be one of the most highly regarded nursery schools on the North Shore.
Our school is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. NAEYC Accreditation is the mark of a quality program. NAEYC accreditation requires a school to meet over 500 criteria within 10 specific program standards, which include: Relationships; Curriculum; Teaching; Assessment of Child Progress; Health; Teachers; Families; Community Relationships; Physical Environment; Leadership and Management. Learn more about NAEYC.
Our community of families form friendship that lasts a lifetime. Parents have endless opportunities to collaborate on and attend events for the whole family, such as fundraising events for the school, parents’ night out, philanthropic events for the community, parents education sessions, and of course, classroom park and playdates!
At GCCNS, we:
- are proud of our experienced teaching staff, with a combined three hundred plus years of experience.
- provide a nurturing environment where each child is encouraged in all areas of growth (cognitive, social, emotional, physical).
- develop learning skills with guided creative play and group interactions.
- respect all beliefs and welcome children of all races, cultures and creeds.
- provide opportunities for each child to grow socially, cognitively and creatively at his or her own rate.
- develop our curricula using the Illinois Early Learning Standards.
- are licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services.
Check Us Out
Contact us for an appointment to visit and see our school in action!